Château Suau
Château Suau’s history has deeply rooted tradition and culture in its ownership. The Château began its life as the hunting lodge of Jean-Louis de Nogaret de La Valette, Duke d’Épernon, one of the most powerful new magnates in French politics.

This noble house experienced a complete restoration throughout the 17th century. The estate exchanged hands to Clement Gopp of Bordeaux, a wine merchant who was described as Lord of Suau in 1750.

Château Suau today is a beautiful 82-acre property, located south of the village of Capian, 20 miles from Bordeaux. The 66 hectares of vineyards, in one piece, surround farm buildings. The vineyard produces red wines in the appellations Cadillac Côtes de Bordeaux and Côtes de Bordeauxdry white Bordeaux and rosé, along with a sweet Cadillac.

Today the winery is owned by Argentina's richest man, Alejandro Bulgheroni, proprietor of Bodgea Garzón, is making sure Château Suau continues its long tradition of producing the highest quality wines while maintaining sustainable vineyard practices.
« Back to France