Maison Louis Latour has over two centuries of Burgundian history and the seventh Louis Latour; Louis-Fabrice Latour currently runs the company. The Latour family have been growing wine since the 17th century, slowly growing their property to more than 125 acres in prime Burgundy country. In fact Latour owns 25 acres of Corton-Charlemagne, one of the most famous white wines of Burgundy. The winery was built in 1854 and was the first purpose-built winery in France. It’s cellars are embedded in the rock of Corton.
In 1979 Louis Latour chose the valley of the Ardeché River with its clay and limestone based soils as the ideal location to produce top quality Chardonnay wines. The Grand Ardeche is treated as if it were grown in one of the Grand Cru vineyards of the Côte-d’Or.